Privacy notice for Job Applicants, Candidates and Interns
Data Wow Co. Ltd., and its affiliated (the "Company", "we", "us", or "our") takes protection of personal data as an important matter in our businesses. This Privacy notice Privacy notice describes how we collect, use and disclose personal data of job applicant, candidates and interns ("you" or "your"), and tells you about data protection rights in relation to your Personal Data in connection with recruiting procedures and programs.
For the purpose of this Privacy notice, "Personal Data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person as listed below.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy notice from time to time, so please review it frequently to see when this Privacy notice was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy notice on our website, application or other means. We will provide additional notice of significant updates. In case any modification deprives your rights of Sensitive Data in relation to this Privacy notice, the Company will first obtain your consent, except as otherwise permitted by law.
Personal Data We Collect
As part of recruiting procedures and programs, we may collect or obtain the following types of information which may include Personal Data about you during recruiting and job interview process, either submitted as part of the online application and/or through alternative channels i.e job boards, company’s website and professional recruiting firm, Social Media, Job Fair, Networking events, etc. We may also collect your Personal Data from other sources or through our affiliates, subsidiaries, other companies, or business partners. The specific type
- Personal details: such as title, full name, marital status, date and place of birth, age, gender, blood type, height, weight, military service, photograph, nationality, information on government-issued cards i.e. national identification card, passport, work permit, driving license and any other license and/or permit such as auditor license, and lawyer license), car registration book, personal loans, student loans, social media account, signatures, CV, Resumes, application form, bank account details and other identifiers;
- Contact details: such as mobile phone number, home telephone number, registered address, present address, e-mail address, information on household registration document, emergency contact details, Line ID, LinkedIn URL, and include other similar information and
- Information about your job: such as working experience and previous employment (including position, department and title history and salary and benefits from previous employment), work behavior, your education history, training history, certificates and qualifications.
"Sensitive Data" means Personal Data classified by law as sensitive data. We will only collect, use and disclose Sensitive Data, and transfer it across borders, if we have received your explicit consent or as permitted by law.
We will also collect, use, disclose and/or cross-border transfer the following Sensitive Data about you:
- health data and medical data
- criminal records; and
- sensitive data in the official identification document, such as religious.
If you provide Personal Data about members of your family, next of kin, references and/or other dependents for the purposes set forth in the Privacy notice, it is your responsibility to inform them of their rights with respect to the contents of this Privacy notice as applicable to them. You are also responsible for obtaining any required consent from them, and ensuring that you have the right to provide their personal information to us.
Why We Process Your Personal Data
The purpose of which you have given your consent:
Health and medical data: such as chronic health conditions or medical history and the information contained in a doctor's certificate/medical certificate for purposes of evaluating the respective suitability of applicants; information on disability for purposes of recruiting;
Criminal records: in the event that we have conducted or received the results of criminal records and/or background checks in relation to you, where relevant and appropriate to your role for purposes of recruitment;
Sensitive Data in the official identification documents: for authentication and verification purposes and welfare allocation (e.g. food preparation, provision of religious holiday, workforce planning and accommodating the work place).
The purposes we may rely on and other legal grounds for processing your Personal Data
We may also rely on:
- contractual basis, for our initiation or fulfilment of our employment agreement with you if you are an employee or work contract if you are a worker;
- legal obligation, for the fulfilment of our legal obligations;
- legitimate interest, for the purpose of our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of third parties;
- vital interest, for preventing or suppressing a danger to a person’s life, body, or health; and/or
- public interest, for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the exercise of official authorities.
We may collect, use or disclose your Personal Data, including, but is not limited to, for the purposes of Recruitment management, including:
Documenting information collected from job applicants as part of the application process, authentication and verification, contacting purposes, evaluating the respective suitability of applicants, making a hiring decision, defining a salary and other basic contract information for a new hire, execution of employment agreement and orientation process, evaluating job applicants/candidates for their qualification for a particular job, background screening (if you are offered a position with us), and communicating with your designated contacts in case of an emergency.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Your personal data will not be disseminated to third parties unless you have explicitly provided consent for the dissemination of your data, or there is an obligation for such dissemination as a result of statutory provisions and/or requirements by authorities or courts.
We utilize third parties for supporting the search for applicants and for managing applicants. If third parties are engaged for such support, We ensures that they possess adequate security measures, in order to protect your data in accordance with the requirements that apply at Data Wow itself. We use a special applicant management system for carrying out the application process. Pursuant to a separate agreement regarding the contract processing of personal data, your personal data will be collected, processed and used by the company.
Transferring Personal Data Overseas
- We may send or transfer your personal data to our affiliates or other persons in a foreign country if it is necessary in order for us to perform our obligations in the contract to which you are the counterparty or contract between us and third party for your benefit, to respond to your pre-contractual request; to protect your and third party’s life, body and health, to comply with laws or to the extent necessary for the public interest activities.
- We may store your information on a computer, server, or cloud provided by a third party. And may use third-party programs, applications and platforms in processing your personal data. However, we will not allow unrelated parties to access to your personal data and will require such parties to have appropriate security protection measures.
- In the event that your personal data is transferred to a foreign country, we will comply with applicable personal data protection laws and take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data is protected and you can exercise your rights in accordance with the laws. Moreover, we will require those who receive the data to have appropriate protection measures for your personal data, to process such personal data only as necessary, and to take steps to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data.
- We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to meet the objectives unless the law requires longer retention periods. In the event that such period is unclear, We will retain the data for a customary expected period in accordance with retention standards (e.g. the prescriptive period of 10 years for general legal claims).
- The period we retain your personal data may varies according to each processing activity, which you can see further details in the related topic.
- We may retain your personal data after completion of the selection process of the position you apply to contact you in the event that there are other positions that we deem suitable for you. We will retain your personal data for a period of time necessary to achieve the purpose of enrollment or internship. If you do not want us to keep your personal data to be considered for other positions, you can contact us using the methods specified in this Privacy notice.
- If you are selected as our employee or intern, we will continue to collect your Personal Data for the duration that is necessary to meet the employment or internship objectives.
- If your Personal Data is processed based on consent, we will stop the processing when you have withdrawn the consent. However, we may keep your personal data to record your withdrawn so We can respond to your request in the future.
- We have established an auditing system to delete or destroy your personal data when the retention period expires or when it becomes irrelevant or unnecessary for the purposes of collecting that Personal Data.
The Company recognizes the importance of maintaining the security of your Personal Data. Therefore, the Company endeavors to protect your information by establishing security measures for your Personal Data appropriately and in accordance with the confidentiality safeguard of personal information, to prevent loss, unauthorized or unlawful access, destruction, use, alteration, or disclosure; provided however, that the Company will ensure that the method of collecting, storing and processing of your Personal Data, including physical safety measures follow the information technology security policies and guidelines of the Company.
Data Wow is certified with ISO27001:2013
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Subject to applicable laws and exceptions thereof, you may have the following rights to:
Access: You may have the right to access or request a copy of the Personal Data we are collecting, using and disclosing about you. For your own privacy and security,
Rectification: You may have the right to have incomplete, inaccurate, misleading, or not up-to-date Personal Data that we collect, use and disclose about you rectified;
Data Portability: You may have the right to obtain Personal Data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to send or transfer such data to another data controller, where this is (a) Personal Data which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are collecting, using and disclosing such data on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you;
Objection: You may have the right to object to certain collection, use and disclosure of your Personal;
Restriction: You may have the right to restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
Withdraw Consent: For the purposes you have consented to our collecting, using and disclosing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
Deletion: You may have the right to request that we delete or de-identity Personal Data that we collect, use and disclose about you, except we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims;
Lodge a complaint: You may have the right to lodge a complaint to the competent authority where you believe our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data is unlawful or noncompliant with applicable data protection law.
Our Contact Details
If you wish to contact us to exercise the rights relating to your Personal Data or if you have any queries about your Personal Data under this Privacy notice, please contact HR team to proceed your request at https://datawow.pdpaform.com
This document was last updated on March 26, 2021